Zeagle QD Deluxe Surface Marker Buoy Review
The Zeagle Deluxe Signal Tube is a surface marker buoy that has a fluorescent orange colored material. The signal tubes from Zeagle comes in a two-color version and single-color version in neon yellow. Whichever of these two that you choose, you are assured of the same great level of delivery that has characterized all the scuba diving gears that the brand Zeagle is known for. In this Zeagle QD Deluxe signal tube review, we will be detailing the qualities that this great SMB offers and how it makes a better diving experience for users.
One unique feature of the Zeagle Deluxe Signal Tube is the bespoke manner through which a user can fill the tube at any depth. This is achieved by holding the open bottom of the tube over a regulator mouthpiece while the regulator is being purged. Very easy and simple to do. The released air gets into the signal tube through a large Duck-bill valve at bottom.
When sufficiently inflated, all you need do is to release it to the surface (ensuring that it is tethered to a line) and the inbuilt over pressure relief valve allows the signal tube to ascend without rupturing. This way a diver can signal he will soon be ready for pickup, without going to the surface immediately. There is also an oral inflate valve for surface use.
The SMB comes with the surface marker, reel, line, brass snap and EZ mount zip-on pouch making it a very good choice for any type of diver because it can be conveniently strapped and retrieved when needed. The Quick Deploy Signal System is completely enclosed in the pouch when not in use and can be deployed with almost no hassle when needed. To deploy, the diver only needs to grasp the deploy strap and pulls the reel and signal tube out of the pouch. After which you need to inflate the signal tube either by mouth or through the regulator.
By all standards, the Zeagle QD Deluxe is a very good SMB that has the ability and qualities that any diver will find extremely useful when diving. It comes in four Models: two with a zipped pouch for safely keeping the surface marker buoy well concealed and out of your way and two with a grommet bag. You will appreciate the pouch better if you understand how a little thing clustering your movement and flexibility can take an adverse tool on your buoyancy and maneuver.
This SMB comes with a signal tube which is brightly colored so it can be conspicuous for anyone above the water to see that you are down there. Further on the features of the signal tube, it has a big duck-bill valve and an overpressure relief valve and a manual dump cord. All these to give divers the best use and ease of manipulation when the time comes for the SMB to be deployed.
7 Inches Width by 60 Inches Height (i.e. 17.8 cm by 152.4 cm)
Possesses A Compact Storage Bag
Duck-Bill One-Way Valve And Oral Inflation Tube
Over-Pressure Relief Valve
Manual Dump Valve
Stainless Steel or Plastic
Zeagle Double-Ended Brass Snap
- Compact-Way to Effectively-Store-and-Deploy a Signal Tube and a Thumb Reel
- System Includes: Signal Tube, Reel with Line, Double Ended Brass Snap & E-Z Mount or EZ-Zip-On Pouch
- Quick Deploy Deluxe Signal System is Completely-Enclosed in the Pouch
- Brightly Colored Highly Visible Profile
- Dimensions: (W x H) 7″ x 60″ (17.8cm x 152.4cm)
- Lift: 22lbs (10kg)
- Dual Inflation System: Large Duck-Bill One-Way Valve for Inflation with
- Has Four models: 2-Models with EZ-Mount Zip-On Pouch, 2-Models with EZ-Mount Grommet Pouch, EZ-Mount Zip-On Pouch with Stainless or Plastic Reel, EZ-Mount Grommet Pouch with Stainless or Plastic Reel
- Stainless Reel: 3 inches (7.6cm) Reel with 65′ (20 meters) of Nylon Line
- Plastic Reel: 3.25 inches (8.3cm) Reel with 115′ (35 meters) of Nylon Line
- Pros and Cons
- Compact design, Complete enclosure in pouch
- Bright colored, high visibility profile tube
- Dual inflation system, Oral inflation tube
- Quick deploy system
- Highly expensive
By all standards, the Zeagle QD Deluxe is a very good SMB that has the ability and qualities that any diver will find extremely useful when diving. It comes in four Models: two with a zipped pouch for safely keeping the surface marker buoy well concealed and out of your way and two with a grommet bag.