Dive Rite Surface Marker Buoy Review
The Dive Rite Alert surface marker buoy is not just any other SMB out there today, it is actually a hybrid surface marker tube that has the dexterity and sophistication that will get you assured of premium delivery any day, anytime. So, if you as a scuba diver needs a remarkable marker buoy that will deliver to the fullest, you can count on the Dive Rite. In this Dive Rite surface marker buoy review, we shall be discussing all the intricacies and effectiveness that this awesome kit delivers for every scuba diver.
To make it as easy to use as it is efficient, there is an oral/power inflator designed into this SMB that makes the inflation simple for every divers. Especially so for divers who use rebreathers and may not have easy access to a regulator for inflation. In design, it has a funnel shaped, anti-spill baffle which allows open circuit divers to inflate it with a regulator. Now, that is the dynamism that Dive Rite brings to the table with this amazing SMB. There is also a standard over pressurization valve allows excess gas to vent during ascent and/or to depressurize the bag at the surface
Rebreather divers and open circuit divers alike will largely fancy Dive Rite’s hybrid surface marker buoy because of its dynamically effective nature. Using both oral/power inflator this SMB makes inflation simple for re-breather divers who do not have easy access to a regulator for inflation. In the same vein, a funnel-shaped, anti-spill baffle allows open circuit divers to inflate this SMB with a regulator. It has a standard over-pressurization valve (OPV) with pull dump cord allows excess gas to vent during ascent and to depressurize the bag at the surface.
Made from durable and super-tough 300-D polyester that is resistant to fading with durable water repellant finish (DWR) Dive Rite inhibits water-saturation and dries quickly. All seams are a radio frequency (rf) welded with nylon reinforced edges and is equipped with a 304-stainless steel D-ring lift point and a top grab handle for retrieval from water.
By dimension it measures (h x w) 5′ x 8″ (1.52 meters x 20.3 cm) with the tube provides 30 lbs (13.6 kg) of lift, is available in ANSI certified safety orange or yellow and has reflective tape on both sides for added visibility.
The DiveAlert SMB (surface marker buoy) features Closed-Circuit (one-way valve) construction, which prevents air spill at the surface. Inflate on the surface to attract visual attention or redundant flotation. Inflate at depth to send up as a surface marker. Solas reflective tape (Coast Guard approved) across top of SMBcreates better visibility day and night. Over-Pressure Valve (OPV) prevents bursting and easy air dumping. Deluxe SMB is 65″ long by 8″ wide (165 x 20 cm) which provides approximately 40 lbs. (18.1 kg) of lift.
Nylon strap handle on top allows for easy attachment of light or slate. 400 denier polyurethane coated nylon material, this SMB will last dive after dive without issue. In addition, the Deluxe Version has Safety Orange one side and Fluorescent Lime/Yellow the other side, a filler nozzle for both oral and BC LP hose inflation with a small pocket that will accommodate a finger spool.
400 Denier Polyurethane Coated Nylon
65 Inches Long by 8 Inches Wide (165 by 20 cm)
High Visibility Safety Orange/Fluorescent Lime/Yellow
Approximately 40 lbs. (18.1 kg)
- 30 lbs lift
- 5-feet x 8-inches (1.5m x 20cm)
- Reflective tape on both sides for added visibility
- 300 D polyester bag is extra-tough and more resistant to fading
- Durable water repellant finish (DWR) inhibits water saturation and dries quickly
- RF welded seams with nylon reinforced edges
- 304 stainless steel D-ring lift point
- Over pressure relief valve
- Funnel-shaped baffle
- Excellent Signaling Devise
- Great for Safety/Decompression Stops
- High Visibility Safety Orange/Florescent Lime/Yellow Colors
- Durable 400 Denier Polyurethane Coated Nylon Material
- Handle on Top for Light/Slate
- 65″ long by 8″ wide (165 x 20 cm)
- Approximately 40 lbs. (18.1 kg) of lift
- Over-Pressure Valve (OPV)
- Filler Nozzle for both Oral and BC LP Hose
- Small Pocket for Finger Spool
- Material: 400 Denier Polyurethane Coated Nylon
- Color: High Visibility Safety Orange/Fluorescent Lime/Yellow
- Dimensions: 65″ long by 8″ wide (165 x 20 cm)
- Buoyancy: Approximately 40 lbs. (18.1 kg)
back to menu ↑
Pros and Cons
- High visibility safety orange colors
- Over-pressure valve (OPV)
- Filler nozzle for both oral and BC LP hose
- 400 Denier polyurethane coated nylon
- It is better suited for rebreather users than regular divers.
The Dive Rite Alert surface marker buoy is not just any other SMB out there today, it is actually a hybrid surface marker tube that has the dexterity and sophistication that will get you assured of premium delivery any day, any time.