Luxfer 80 Aluminum Scuba Diving Tank Review
While scuba diving, much importance is required for the weight of each of the gear a scuba diver has on. In the case of the diving cylinder, aluminum is a better choice of cylinder material to opt for. Reasons supporting this recommendation includes the lightweight nature of the aluminum cylinder and its high resistance to rust and corrosion. In this Luxfer dive tank review, we shall be discussing at length about the qualities and features of this dynamic and sophisticated cylinder.
Made with specifically graded L6X 6061 – T6 aluminum alloy Luxfer 80 has a standing reputation for the best safety and dependability for all type of diving environment and purposes. Over the years, this sophisticated and high graded cylinder has specifically fancied and preferred by not just military divers but professional and recreational divers alike. All these categories of scuba divers have attested to the efficiency and very good delivery prowess of the Luxfer 100 cylinder tank.
With a dimension of 7.3 inches which is 18.5 cm, the Luxfer 80 is further enhanced to be more lightweight and highly buoyant for efficient delivery while scuba diving. Made with chromed plated brass, good grade rubber and quality plastic the Luxfer 80 is designed to not only give assurance of quality delivery but to also do the same without fuss or hassle.
It has a pro valve that works well with whatever type of regulator you decide to use with it (DIN or Yoke Regulator). The technique used to make this cylinder convertible is that it can easily remove some 200 bars which make it useful for DIN regulators. With a pressure of 3000 psi, you can count on Luxfer 80 cylinder to work exceptionally well for professional and recreational or beginner scuba divers alike.
On the overall, this scuba tank, like every aluminum tank does not corrode because of the material it is made with. By this, you are given the best assurance in any cylinder available which has been tested to deliver a very good diving experience for divers. By all standard, this is a very dynamic and sophisticated scuba cylinder that is poised to deliver top-notch service to you.
3000 psi (200 bars)
7.3 Inches (18.5 cm)
31.5 lbs. (14.3 kg)
25.8 Inches (65.5 cm)
Buoyancy (When Full)
-1.7 lbs. (-771 g)
Cylinder Nitrox Ready
Yes Up to 23.5%
Chromium Molybdenum Steel w/Hot Dip
Chrome-Plated Brass, Rubber, and Plastic
- Nitrox Ready Up to 23.5%
- Available in Multiple Colors
- Cylinder: Luxfer 80 Cubic Foot
- In 1988, Luxfer Introduced Scuba Tanks Manufactured from L6X
- Proprietary Formula of Aluminum Alloy: 6061-T6
- Superior Corrosion-Resistance and Dependable Performance
- Preferred Choice by Military, Commercial and Technical Divers Worldwide
- Industry Standard Cylinder
- Thread Size: 0.750-14 NPSM
- Won’t Rust Like Steel Cylinders
- Working Pressure: 3000 psi (200 bar)
- Weight Full: 31.5 (14.3 kg)
- Valve: Pro Valve
- Convertible K-Valve
- Yoke or DIN
- Heavy Duty Design
- Smooth Operating Valve Mechanism
- Chrome Plated Marine Brass
- Multi-Ported Burst Plug Assembly
- High Flow Capacity Valve
back to menu ↑
Pros and Con
- Nitrox ready up to 23.5%.
- Aluminum alloy 6061-T6 construction
- Durable and corrosion resistant
- Meet specifications of DOT with DOT-3AL
- Heavy duty valve with high flow capacity
- Not as lightweight as titanium cylinders
Made with specifically graded L6X 6061 – T6 aluminum alloy Luxfer 80 has a standing reputation for the best safety and dependability for all type of diving environment and purposes.