XS Scuba Turtle Diving Fin Review
Flexibility is an important feature that an excellent scuba diving should have. The reason for this is that crucial navigational decisions are made in milliseconds while scuba diving, so every diver needs a fin that is flexible enough to interpret and deliver on the right on time. In the XS Scuba Turtle review, we argued that it has a good measure of flexibility and high-efficiency rate. When tested with other scuba fins out there, it was the only scuba fin to get top scores in two popular kicking styles (flutter and dolphin), and it locks at the top score for high acceleration. With the introduction of the new spring strap, the Turtle now has a more secure and reliable finger grip that won’t get a scuba diver tangled.
The XS Scuba Turtle is a powerful, simple and ideal scuba diving fin for all levels of scuba divers. It has been a popular choice of fin for technical and professional scuba divers because it aids good performance in the best way attainable in scuba fins. The efficiency of this excellent scuba fin is premised on its tried-and-true design. Although it can be argued to lack basic modern features such as bright colors and rocket-age design features. But that is not to be considered if your choice is a powerful and efficient scuba fin. All the things it lacks in design, the Turtle makes up in sophistication.
The vented blade design allows water to flow through the vents when you perform down strokes during diving, and it reduces pressure and less strain on your feet. Based on the angle of the vent, when divers do the up stroke, the fin reacts as a solid blade for maximum power and propulsion.
Not everyone will like the design of the XS Scuba Turtle fin chiefly because of its drab look. Agreed, the design is simplistic and can almost pass as old-fashioned, but the advantage of this is that it has been proven to work efficiently and with no discomfort. The short and wide design makes the fin ideal for penetration diving, in caves or wrecks. Now, you are left with making a choice of beauty over sophistication.
Turtle Fins come equipped with very sturdy, reliable and durable adjustable rubber fin straps. They are the type that has large pull tabs for easy donning and doffing, and the pull tabs have eyelets to hang the fins with when drying or for storage. By this, it is made clear that the Turtle is indeed a performance fin. Having excellent fit, comfort, and propulsion in a vented neoprene rubber fin. The XS Scuba’s Turtle fins are available in 3 sizes from XL to 3x-large. The three x-large sizes are popular with dry-suit divers because of the huge foot pocket.
Compression Molded Neoprene Rubber
- Choice of Combat and Tactical Units Worldwide
- “Original” Scuba Fin
- Join the Ranks of Professional Divers
- Excellent Propulsion and Comfort in Vented Fin
- Durable Compression Molded, Neoprene Rubber Construction
- Provides Exceptional Speed with Minimal Effort
- Water Flows-Thru Vents on Weaker Down-Stroke of Fining
- Vents Reduce Pressure, Providing Less Strain on Leg
- Angle of the Vent Reacts as a Solid Blade on Up-Stroke
- Up-Stroke Provides Maximum Power and Propulsion
- Strong and Durable Adjustable Rubber Fin Straps
- Pull Tabs on Straps for Easy Donning and Doffing
- Metal Buckles for Bulletproof Reliability
- Buckles: “like-they-used-to-make-them.”
back to menu ↑
Pros and Cons
- Open heel vented fin design
- Compression molded, rubber construction
- Metal buckles for additional durability
- Large size for easy fit in travel dive bags
The XS Scuba Turtle is a powerful, simple and ideal scuba diving fin for all levels of scuba divers. It has been a popular choice of fin for technical and professional scuba divers because it aids good performance in the best way attainable in scuba fins.