Atomic Aquatics Split Dive Fin Review
For those who are on a budget and needs the best dive fin for a relatively pocket-friendly price and a good flapping result, then the Atomic Aquatics Split Fin is a good option to consider. It does not trade or comprise of its delivery and effectiveness for the price. The split fin is a standard dive fin design that has all the power and effect to provide scuba divers with superior quality propelling force when diving. There can be no regrets with this amazing fin. In our Atomic Aquatics Split review, we will be analyzing the dynamics of this amazing diving fin and also touching on its benefits and worth.
The design of the Atomic split allows for each side of the fin to twist flexibly during dives. This creates a more powerful thrust with less resistance with each flapping of the legs. For divers who pick the Atomic Split as their choice diving fin, they experience far less drag than those created from the traditional scuba fin design. It means that you will get more result for less effort when you use this super-flexible yet dynamic fin. By this, you get less fatigued and get to preserve most of your energy while divesting them to more urgent diving needs. Another good benefit of the split fin design from Atomic Aquatic is that it helps to reduce your air consumption and increase your bottom time.
In comparison to of other open heel fins, the Atomic Aquatic Split fin weighs less than half what most of the open heels fins available on the market today weighs. Some might argue that the difference in weight is just a matter of ounce. But the effect of that difference can be felt in about 30-minutes of use. So, for what it is worth, the lightweight feature of the Atomic Split is an added advantage and a good reason to consider it as a choice diving fin.
As earlier pointed out, for any scuba diver to get the best out of your diving experience, they need a good fin that provides the least amount of drag when under water and equally enforce more propelling power with the least effort required. The Atomic Split comfortably meets these requirements and still delivers more. With it, you have the best and most comfortable diving experience ever!
The Atomic Aquatic Split fin is made from the best composite plastic polymer material. This contributes largely to the fins’ lightweight nature while also helping to increase the effect of your thrusts. By this, you get the most efficient use of the energy exerted when diving. Therefore, you don’t have to worry about burning your energy to achieve the speed you desire – the Atomic Aquatics Split Fins are designed to be the best energy conserving scuba fin available.
The spring straps attached to the back of this fin comes with good grade rust-resistant stainless steel which were fabricated with the best technology (variable pitch geometry). As a diver using the Split, you get a good level of comforting fit that is also easy to remove when you need to. Finally, the springs of this fin are resistant to deformation even when overstretched.
It is thin but strong and has very flexible hinge points between the semi-ridged battens. This is the main reason why the blade reacts quickly and efficiently to the slightest kick from a scuba divers’ legs. It is designed with an anatomically contoured open heel foot pocket which fits your foot without creating any stress points. Its semi-open toe structure also creates added comfort to your feet.
The Atomic Slit also has an internal sole plate that creates a ridged platform beneath the sole of your feet so that you can have greater power transfer to the blades of the fin while being soft and comfortable to your feet.
Composite Plastic Polymer
Small: 4.5 lbs., Medium: 5.25 lbs., Large: 5.75 lbs., X-Large: 6.35 lbs.
- Less Drag, More Thrust, Less Strength is Used
- Latest Technology in Composite Plastic Polymer Materials
- Light Fin (Great Travel Fin)
- Increases Thrust and Reduces Fatigue
- EZ-LOK Squeeze-Style” Quick-Release Buckles
- EZ-LOK: Snap-On-and-Off with Ease, Will-Not Disengage- Accidentally
- Spring Strap Automatically Compensate for Boot Compression, Adjust with Changes in Depth
- Rust-Resistant Stainless Steel Springs with Variable Pitch Geometry
- More Comfortable Fit and Easy One-Hand Removal, Large Rubber Thumb Loop
- Springs are Resistant to Deformation if Overstretched
- Universal Retrofit for other Brands (see SKU: ATMFSS)
- Flexibility and Rigidity for Efficient Propulsion
- Less Air Consumption
- Power Rails: Backbone of the Split Fin, Highly-Resilient, Storing and Releasing Energy with Every Kick
- Semi-Ridged Flex Battens: Control the Precise Wing Shape to Optimize Thrust and Reduce Drag
- Large Surface Area Blade Improves Pivoting, Turning and Alternate Kick Styles
- Thin, Yet Strong and Highly Flexible Hinge Points Cause Blade to React Quick-and-Efficiently
- Anatomically Contoured Foot Pocket Designed to Fit Foot without Stress Points
- Semi-Open Toe for Added Comfort
- Internal Sole Plate, Ridged Platform Beneath-the-Foot, Greater Power Transfer to the Blade
- Soft, Comfortable Open Heel Foot Pocket
back to menu ↑
Pros and Cons
- Uses composite plastic polymer materials
- Lightweight, making it great for travel
- Flexible and rigid for efficient propulsion
- Comfortable open heel foot pocket
- Semi-open toe for added comfort
- Too big to fit in regular travel dive bag
The split fin is a standard dive fin design that has all the power and effect to provide scuba divers with superior quality propelling force when diving. There can be no regrets with this amazing fin.