Oceanic BioLite Travel BCD Review
The Oceanic BioLite is a super effective buoyancy compensator that is crafted in modern designs to allow all of a divers’ buoyancy to move to their back. By this, the diver is given more result for every flapping of their legs during the diving session. Here, our Oceanic BioLite review will be taking the time to analyze the various features of the BioLite while emphasizing its qualities and abilities.
With the back-style designed BCD, the diver has a good time diving while taking away all the restraints and inhibition that happens when air is trapped in the wrong place. This usually occur in the loop cells of most harness, but the BioLite has corrected that anomaly in its BioLite.
In design, the BioLite has an integrated weight pocket design that are attached to the waist-strap of the BCD. With this, the diver can conveniently keep their buoyancy balanced while diving with no need to purchase any other weigh system pouch. Furthermore, you have a whole lot of D-Rings attached to this gear for diver to make use of and then there is the locking carabiner for attaching all kind of needed gears (dive light etc.) and accessories.
Most professional divers know that the weight of any chosen BCD goes a long way in impacting the overall experience and flexibility while underwater, so it is pertinent to get a compact BCD. To attend to this need of the diver, Oceanic BioLite is one of the most lightweight buoyancy compensator available on the market today. It weighs in at only 5.5 lbs. (2.5 kg). This make the BioLite a perfect BCD for travel that delivers the best balance in scuba diving. Everything about the BioLite is crafted to give the diver high comfort and uninhibited joy.
Talking about a divers’ joy, the BioLite has a low profile backpack that can contain the BCD when neatly folded for traveling. This makes a very comfortable carry-about feel for the gear. The bladder is designed with Patented bioflex material can be stretched and flexed to conform with the divers body size.
Because it is made of a stretchable-material even when airtight, the BioLite is then capable of making little air cells and creates less bulk and drag for the diver when diving. With the same stroke, this BCD is still capable of providing some high volume of lift when the diver needs it.
The torso-adjustable shoulder strap that is designed with the BCD makes it very easier for the diver to adjust the gear to fit. This is made better with the self-adjusting sternum strap which is fitted with a safety whistle for when the need arise. It also has a quick-drop weight release system that is largely easy to load and use by both professional and recreational divers.
X-Small, Small And Medium: 32 Lbs (14.5 Kg), Large And X-Large: 38 Lbs (17.24 Kg)
Rear: Dump/Overpressure Relief Valve, Shoulder: Cable Activated Pull Dump
Stainless Steel Rings
Has a Carabineer Instead
Adjustable Waist Strap
Oceanic’s Power Inflator
Dump-Able: 14 Lbs (6.4 Kg), Trim Pockets: Dual 5 Lbs (2.3 Kg)
- Patented BioFlex Bladder
- Bioflex Material – A Living Fabric that Stretches
- High Lift Capacity and Minimum Drag
- Total BC weight Only 5.5 lbs. (2.5 kg)!
- Ultimate Travel BCD
- Perfect Balance of Features and Benefits
- Back Inflator BCD Design
- Right Shoulder Carabineer Adjustable Positioning System
- Streamlined, Integrated Weight System Accommodates up to 14 lbs. (6.4 kg)
- Quick Drop Weight Release System
- Dual 5 lbs. (2.3 kg) Tank Band Non Drop Weight Pockets
- Low Profile Backpack, Easy to Fold in Half for Traveling
- Self Adjusting Sternum Strap
- Generous Soft Pad
- Depth Compensating Waist Band Strap
- Oceanic Power Inflator with Shoulder Cable Activated Pull Dump Valve
- Rear Dump/Overpressure Relief Valve
- Sizes: X-Small to the X-Large
- Lift: 32 lbs. to 38 lbs. (14.5 to 17.24 kg)
- Colors: Black/Blue or Black/Pink
back to menu ↑
Pros and Cons
- Possesses High Lift Capacity while creating Minimum Drag
- Very Lightweight, thus making it ideal for travel
- Back Inflator BCD design
- Streamlined, integrated weight system
- Oceanic power inflator with pull dump valve
- Has a carabiner in place of stainless steel D-Rings
The Oceanic BioLite is an awesomely designed and highly ergonomic buoyancy compensator. If anything is to be said about it, it is that is a compact-sized lightweight and extremely functional BCD for any diving type and diver level.