Atomic Aquatic BC1 BCD Review
The Atomic BC1 is well prided as a world-class BCD that is as durable and dynamic in effectiveness as can be required of the best BCD on the market. From the outer layer fabric to the internal lace, everything about the BC1 is exceptionally designed to give comfort and the required buoyancy for a diver to have a great diving session.
It is made with a custom matte-finish textile that grants divers an exceptional comfortable wearing feel that is exclusively equal to no other scuba BCD available today. The fabric is reinforced with a double-laminated polyurethane coated fabric that has an incredible toughness that can totally vast off water from it. Now, that is just as amazing as it is unique for any BCD today.
For its bespoke weight release system, the Atomic Aquatic BC1 BCD uses an extraordinarily easy to use design features. Because diver need to sometimes balance off or reduce their weight for needed buoyancy, the BC1 employs a weight pouch that is good enough to carry some 10 lbs. of weight. This weight can be released at any time with a sleek technology that let divers lock the weight with an easy snap and release it only with a tug at the handle. This is where sophistication meets ingenuity and simplicity.
So that divers can have a seamless session while diving when the need arise to hook or strap some needed kits to the BC, the Atomic Aquatic BC1 is fitted with custom 316 stainless steel D-rings that are coated with titanium PVD coatings. This coating is highly corrosion resistant even to extreme chemicals and agents like salt, silt, oil and many others. More so, the D-rings are strategically positioned for utmost convenience of reach and use.
Other great features of the BCD are: Custom 316 stainless steel D-rings with titanium PVD coating for accessory attachment, diamond pattern quilted back pad and adjustable lumbar pad. There is a non-skid tank pad with CNC machined stainless steel hardware molded to the frame and sand-resistant zippers on the two side pockets for additional storage of accessory items.
Buoyancy control is facilitated with the Atomic Ai Power Inflator and low friction 316 stainless steel dry-glide” exhaust pull dump in two locations. The pull dumps are equipped with patent pending anti-floating pull knobs with lengthened tail sections.
|BC Body||Jacket Style|
|Buoyancy Bag||Small; 31 lbs. (14 kg), Medium; 32 lbs. (14.5 kg), Medium-Large; 36 lbs. (16.33 kg), Large; 39 lbs. (17.7 kg), X-Large; 48 lbs. (21.8 kg)|
|Valves||Two Over-Pressure / Relief Pull Dump Valves|
|Shoulder Straps||Torso Adjustable With Squeeze-Style Side-Release Buckles|
|Stainless Steel Rings||Titanium PVC Coating|
|Waist Strap||Adjustable With Squeeze-Style Side-Release Buckle and Cummerbund|
|Chest Buckle||Adjustable With Squeeze-Style Side Release Buckle|
|Oral Inflator||Optimal Atomic AI Power Inflator|
|Materials||Double-Laminated Polyurethane Textile|
|Weight Capacity||Releasable: SM to LG; Pouches Hold Up to 10 lbs. (4.5 kg), Size XL; Up to 14 lbs. (6.35 kg), Non-Releasable Weight SM; 6 lbs. (2.7 kg) MD to XL; 10 lbs. (4.5 kg)|
- Exclusive Engineering-Grade Plastics
- Polyurethane Coated Textiles, & Corrosion-Resistant Metals
- Custom Matte-Finish Fabric, Different Look and Feel
- New Fabric Unlike Any-Other-BCD
- Bladder: Strong Double-Laminated Polyurethane Textile Material, Hold More Pressure
- Sheds Water Like Raincoat, Polyurethane Coating on Both-Sides
- Exterior Coating: Thicker, Prevent Tearing, Cutting or Leaking
- Virtually Dry Right After Dive
- Secure Tank Band Design
- Weight Integration: Dual Zipper Closure Weight Pockets
- Weight Pouches Glide into Weight Pockets
- Simple One-Handed Tug On Handle to Release Weight
- Custom 316 Stainless Steel D-Rings with Titanium PVD Coating
- Diamond Pattern Quilted Back Pad and Adjustable Lumbar Pad
- Non-Skid Tank Pad with CNC-Machined Stainless Steel Hardware Molded to the Frame
- Optional Atomic AI Power Inflator: (see SKU; ATMSAI)
- Designed-to-Be Most Diver-Friendly BCD Inflators
- Employing Signature Atomic Aquatics Style and Materials
- Large, Over-Molded Buttons for Convenient, Smooth Diver Inflation
- Includes: 3/8″ Threaded Low-Pressure Hose w/Quick-Disconnect Coupling
back to menu ↑
Pros and Cons
- Laminated & Coated Waterproof fabric
- Ratcheting CAM-LOK tank band
- Patented EZ-LOK weight release system
- Stainless steel d-rings, Titanium PVD coating
- Sand resistant pocket zippers
- Lightweight and Easy To Strap
- Slightly Bulky In Nature
I am yet to see a scuba diving regulator BCD that matches the Atomic Aquatic BC1 in any capacity. There cannot be one word to qualify this exceptional buoyancy compensator. Everything from ergonomic, smart, dynamic and highly sophisticated are just a few qualifications of the BC1.