Sherwood Amphos Scuba Diving Computer Review
Sherwood Amphos is about the first dive computer made by the Sherwood Scuba brand, which shows the capacity to support diving with the double-nitrox mix. For the 1st mix, we may set FO2 up to 50% and for the 2nd – up to 100%. This feature gives the user possibility starting diving with technical mixes (excluding Trimix, of course) and grows as a technical diver. In this Sherwood Amphos review, we shall be detailing all the endearing feature and qualities that it brings to the table while also checking on its pros and cons.
Amphos was designed with standalone digital wrist watch functions. It looks a bit bigger than the usual wrist watch, but it sits very comfortably on your wrist during everyday wearing. And it is a very favourable thing for those guys who need a watch and dive computer functions in one sleek body.
Sherwood Amphos is a multifunctional dive computer with 4 dive modes and support of 2 Nitrox mixes. It has all features we want to see in instruments of this class and besides that, it has the perfect price-functions ratio. This may be a good news for divers who cannot afford to invest in a more expensive device with the same number of functions.
Amphos Air is Sherwood’s latest development in dive computers. Sherwood Amphos dive computer includes an additional feature of Hoseless Air Integration in this edition. The chrome accents make the computer fitted to double as an everyday watch while still providing all the computing power you need when scuba diving.
This watch computer’s display is based on the intuitive Wisdom3 format and has two gas Nitrox compatible unit. It also comes with four dive operating modes of air, nitrox, gauge and free dive, when not scuba diving it can also be used as a watch.
It is run by the modified Haldanean / DSAT (Diving Science and Technology) Database Algorithm, which has one of the best intuitive operation and display, with large easy to read numbers and a clean matter-of-fact screen that gives you what you need to know.
As a good computer, it can operate in either imperial or metric measurements and is water activated so there is no need to turn it on before you jump in the water. Fitted with the popular CR2430 lithium replaceable battery and a hot swap feature that will maintain settings and data during battery swap, you can be assured that you have a good dive computer / watch on your wrist.
Sherwood has taken the basic screen concept and algorithm of its most popular console computer added timekeeping and advanced features, tossed in gauge and free-diving modes, then shrunk it down to fit on your wrist. In form and function, it hits all the marks.
Modified Haldanean / DSAT(Diving Science And Technology) Database
Has an Audible Alarm System
Yes, 2,000′ To 14,000′ (610 To 4,200 Meters)
Yes, LCD screen with backlight
Air, Nitrox, Gauge or Free Dive
The Device Can Be Upgraded
Up to 24 Dives
Imperial and Metric Display
User Replaceable CR2430 Lithium Battery
- Newest Addition to a Strong Lineup of Dive Computers
- Sherwood’s First True Watch Computer
- Based on Intuitive Wisdom3 Format
- 2-Gas Nitrox Compatible Computer: Mixtures of 21-50% and 50-100%
- 4-Dive Operating Modes: Air, Nitrox, Gauge and Free Dive
- Also a Great Watch!
- Algorithm: Modified Haldanean / DSAT (Diving Science and Technology) Database
- Intuitive Operation & Display, w/Large Easy to Read Numbers
- Clean Matter-of-Fact Screen
- User Selectable Imperial or Metric Measurements
- 12 or 24 Hour Time Format
- Button or Water Activated Computer Design
- Optional USB Cable: Download Dive Log to PC or Mac (see SKU: SWDADC)
- 7 User-Changeable Alarms
- Automatic Altitude Adjustment – to 14,000′ (4267.2 meters)
- Maximum Depth – 330′ (100 meters)
- Deco Stops to 60′ (18.3 meters)
- Backlight for Night or Low Light Conditions
back to menu ↑
Pros and Cons
- 2-Gas nitrox compatible computer
- Air, Nitrox, Gauge and free dive modes
- Modified Haldanean / DSAT algorithm
- Button or water activation
- Smart watch functions
- May not be too good as the primary dive computer
Sherwood Amphos is about the first dive computer made by the Sherwood Scuba brand, which shows the capacity to support diving with a double-nitrox mix.