Aqua Lung I300 Scuba Diving Computer Review
There is much eagerness in everyone to try out the new line up of dive computers that Aqua Lung introduced into the market and one of the most appealing to us was the i300. There was no disappointment whatsoever in this choice partly because it features large display screens that aid good reading at a glance. Aside from the large display screen, this great computer also comes designed with big, bold character displays that are backgrounded in a clean layout all to further enhance your prompt reading at-a-glance. In this Aqua Lung i300 review, we will be looking at more of the endearing features and qualities that give this computer the quality delivery it provides.
The i300 exudes sophistication in all areas yet, it is easy to operate with its two-buttoned user interface design. This simple outlook makes you browse through the straightforward menu to perform setups and adjustments as you please. For more assurance, it has a user-replaceable battery that can be replaced when it is worn out. Further, this great dive computer can be programmed with three gases for monitoring at an all round scale. For those who fancy it, this computer comes with an analog compass that can be used optionally. At the long run, the i300 is easy to use by everyone regardless of the experience level of the diver.
Its effortless approach and versatility give you the ability to dive right in. It exceeds expectations—with many features such as its easy-to-use interface, flexible operating modes, built-in backlight and user-changeable battery with data retention. The i300 carries all of these features with a ruggedness that you can count on. And with effortless design, such as a water-activated on switch, it gets you right in the water and descending to your next adventure.
Meeting almost all the expectation that you may have in a scuba dive computer, Aqua Lung I300 perfectly fits into the list of best scuba diving computers. If you fancy user-friendliness, sleek operations and a well-lit computer for your dives, then this is a good choice to pick. It also allows you to change the battery when you need to while still retaining your data. Without a doubt, it is surely a good option for any category of diver.
The water-activated mode allows for the easiest switching and gives you time to concentrate on other scuba dive needs. For the best access to previous diving information, it provides you with a one-button click view of major details about the last dives (the maximum depth reached and the bottom time). Furthermore, the history mode shows a robust detail that is good for calculating your previous diving details. This history includes the entire number of dives done, maximum depth reached, lowest temperature and total diving hours amassed. For choice diving, it provides provide salt or fresh water dive selection.
You can also synchronize it with other accessories and aid to scuba diving like DiverLog software which allows you to neatly file an accurate profile of all your scuba dive information on the PC. By all standards, this computer is worthy of its listing in the best dive computer list.
Has an Audible Alarm System
Possess A Good Backlight
Four Operating Modes: Air, Nitrox, Gauge, Free Dive.
The Device Can Be Upgraded
- Effortless Approach and Versatility
- Easy-to-Use Interface
- Flexible Operating Modes
- Built-In Backlight
- User-Changeable Battery with Data Retention
- Ruggedness that You-Can-Count-On
- Water-Activated On Switch: No-Worries Start to Dive
- 4 Operating Modes: Air, Nitrox, Gauge (with run timer)
- Free Dive (tracks calculations to allow unrestricted switching between Dive and Free)
- Backlighting for Easy Reading in Low Light
- Audible Alarms & Additional High-Visibility LED Warning Light for Additional Safety
- User-Updatable Software
- Optional Download Cable: Access to Latest Features and Upgrade
- Pre-Dive Planning Feature Allows Preview of Next Dive
- Single Button Access to Last Dive Display (max depth and bottom time)
- History Mode: Total Number of Dives, Max Depth, Total Hours, & Lowest Temperature
- Nitrox Mix to 50% O2
- Optional Deep Stop w/Countdown Timer
- Salt or Fresh Water Dive Selection
- Automatic Altitude Adjustment
- Simple to Use With DiverLog Software on Mac or PC Platforms
- Control of All Dive Computer Settings: View Log and Profile Data, Add Location, Notes and Other Details, Store and Share Photos & Videos
- Note: DiverLog Can be Downloaded at ediverlog.com
- Includes: Digital Instruction Manual, Safety Reference Info, DiverLog Brochure, Quick Reference Card, Lens Protector, Battery Compartment Opening Tool
back to menu ↑
Pros and Cons
- Air, Nitrox, free dive, and gauge modes
- Nitrox mixes up to 50% O2
- Salt or fresh water dive selection
- Water activated on switch
- Automatic altitude adjustment
- Has a rather small screen
The i300 exudes sophistication in all areas yet, it is easy to operate with its two-buttoned user interface design. This simple outlook makes you browse through the straightforward menu to perform setups and adjustments as you please.