Sealife Sea Dragon Flash SL963
The Sealife Sea Dragon is a reputable brand in scuba diving lighting that is popular for its superior quality lighting delivery and highly dynamic user quality. In this Sealife Sea Dragon Flash review, we will be discussing the features and benefits of this amazingly effective scuba diving light while touching on its pros and cons too. For those scuba divers who want a very powerful flashlight for their scuba diving experience, the Sea Dragon SL963 is a viable option.
Whether your lighting need is for underwater photography or to illuminate your path as you dive on underwater, the Sea Dragon Flash SL963 is a very befitting and powerfully effective option. Designed with the ability to eradicate the instance of backscatter in underwater photography, the SL963 produces robust and high-grade colors in underwater photography. More so, it is highly compatible with other Sealife Sea Dragon camera and other cameras.
More often than not, scuba divers need to light their ways through the vast expanse of space at the sea bottom. The need for this lighting range from seeing and studying the beautiful world of the sea animals and sometimes to take breathtaking snapshots.
The Sealife Sea Dragon is specifically crafted to see to it that divers have the most rewarding photographic experience. It has a variable power adjustment and large controls that make it very easy to create high range brightness and also make provision for a flash auto mode. This mode can automatically adjust its brightness to achieve optimal clarity of pictures.
For the ease of use, the Sea Dragon SL963 has a quick-release button that detaches the flash head and makes it great for aiming the flashlight to corners that prove difficult to be penetrated by the glow. By measurement, the flash can reach a range of 2.5 meters and has a power adjustment range of 8% to 100% in auto or manual mode. When lighted, the flash has some horizontal range of 80° and vertical range of 60°.
When in use, the Sea Dragon SL963 flash emits a color temperature of 5,700 kelvin so you have a deep level of lighting power. The flash is powered by 4 AA batteries (NiMH recommended) which provide 150 flashes per set. The recycle time is 1-second at 50% power or less and 5-seconds at full power. The flash is negatively buoyant, with a housing made from fiber-reinforced polycarbonate with marine grade stainless steel hardware. The flash head measures 5″ x 4.5″ x 2.5″ (12.7cm x 11.4cm x 6.4cm), weighs 18oz (509g) with batteries and uses dual NBR O-rings (lube included) seals. Like the video light, the flash has a waterproof battery compartment.
Quickly and easily expand Sea Dragon lighting with Flex-Connect – add grips, Flex Arms, trays and other accessories with just a “click!” Flex-Connect allows you to transform your camera set from compact to full-featured in just seconds, providing a quick way to adjust to any dive environment. The Sea Dragon Flash comes with a flash diffuser, Flex-Connect Single Tray w/ standard 1/4-20 mounting screw, Flex-Connect grip, optical cable and universal flash link adapter, spare O-rings, O-ring lubricant, O-ring removal tool, instruction manual and Sea Dragon Case.
Fiber-Reinforced Polycarbonate with Stainless Steel Hardware
80° Horizontal x 60° Vertical (100° with Included Diffuser)
4 AA Batteries or NiMH Recommended
5″ x 4.5″ x 2.5″ (12.7cm x 11.4cm x 6.4cm)
- Sharp, Bright Underwater Images
- Powerful Lighting to Bring-Out Amazingly Bright Colors in Underwater Photos
- Reducing Backscatter and Eliminating Shadows
- Compatible with Underwater Cameras with Internal Flash and Tripod Mount
- Adjust Settings for Any Dive Environment
- Variable Power Adjustment
- Large Controls
- Easy to Fine-Tune Brightness
- Auto Mode Automatically Adjusts Brightness for Optimal Exposure
- Quick-Release Buttons: Detach Flash Heads for Aiming in Hard to Reach Areas
- Guide Numbers: 20m Full Power, 1.5m Low Power
- Power Adjustment Range: 8% to 100% in Auto or Manual Modes
- Coverage Angle: 80° Horizontal x 60° Vertical and 100° with Diffuser
- Color Temperature: 5700° Kelvin
- Power: 4 AA Batteries (NiMH recommended), Batteries Not Included
- Burn Time: 150 Flashes
- Recycle Times: Less than 1/2 Power, 1-second and 5-Seconds at Full Power
- Effective Range: Up to 8′ (2.5 meters)
- Depth Rating: 200′ (60 meters)
- Buoyancy: Negative
- Weight: 18oz (509g)
- Dimensions: 5″ x 4.5″ x 2.5″ (12.7cm x 11.4cm x 6.4cm)
back to menu ↑
- Adds artificial light for better images
- Reduces backscatter and eliminates shadows
- Easy to fine tune brightness
- Quick release button for detaching light
- Fiber reinforced polycarbonate base
- Limited lighting range
The Sealife Sea Dragon is specifically crafted to see to it that divers have the most rewarding photographic experience, so it is a good option for scuba divers who want to have amazing photography sessions underwater.